The Finance Department provides financial support services to all County departments and agencies, overseeing the general accounting, budgeting, procurement, and financial reporting functions of Charles City County.
The department is responsible for implementing reliable internal controls through policies, procedures and best practices that promote financial integrity and protect public assets. In doing so, staff also coordinates with independent auditors to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
Key focus areas of the Finance Department include:
- General Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Budgeting and Revenue Forecasting
- Accounts Payable
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Purchasing Card Administration
- Capital Planning and Debt Financing
- Cash and Investment Management
- Grant Servicing
- Risk Management