Whereas, Charles City County has developed an Environmental Management System (EMS) to foster and guide improved environmental performance at its water and wastewater facilities; and,
Whereas, Charles City County is committed to improving and sustaining the environmental performance of its water and wastewater treatment facilities, processes, and services;
Now, therefore, be it resolved by the Board of Supervisors of Charles City County that the County will adhere to the following principles at all levels and functions of the organization:
- Compliance with all environmental requirements and industry / regulatory guidelines.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of environmental performance as evidenced by the setting and meeting of environmental objectives and targets.
- Provision of adequate resources (including personnel, capital funds, and renewal and replacement funds) to meet environmental responsibilities and to implement and sustain the County’s Environmental Management System.
- Ensure the relevance and viability of the Environmental Management System through identification of deficiencies, periodic internal and external audits, and management reviews.
- Document and communicate our environmental policies, objectives, and status to employees, citizens, contractors, customers, and regulatory authorities.
Adopted the 8th day of January, 2014 by a unanimous vote of the Board, the votes being recorded in the minutes as below:
- William G. Coada: Aye
- Gilbert A. Smith: Aye
- Floyd H. Miles, Sr.: Aye